Pages

Monday 21 April 2014

Happy Easter!!



I was determined to continue my mother's tradition this year of matching Easter outfits!


It began with a bunch of fabric that my mother had given to me and I let my daughter choose which fabric she wanted for her new dress. She was so excited! She picked this fabric with birds on it and I found some coral fabric to match it. 
I noticed that she has begun to love twirly dresses and I remembered a dress from my childhood that I loved twirling in. It had an empire waist and a circle skirt. I decided to try and make a similar one for my daughter. 
Using one of her other dresses I created a pattern and pieced it together adding a sash and some ruffly tulle on the bottom. It was definitely a hit. 



Then I found a toddler tie pattern here by Madelyn. It is amazing!! It only took me about 10 minutes to make a tie for my son. I made another one before church the next Sunday to match one of his vests. I love it! 


Then I took apart one of my husband's ties and used it as a pattern to make a tie for him. That one took a lot more effort and was a lot harder to make. But now that I've made one, I think I can do it again as long as I practice my hand sewing :) Isn't he handsome?
(Of course someone else had to be in the picture too :) 



Then I only had a little bit of the birdie material left and remembered I had a tutorial on pinterest for a Scrunch belt here that I thought would perfectly complement my pregnant belly.
So there you have it, Matching outfits for Easter Sunday!

1 comment: